Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Monday, July 11, 2011

HDS #6 - Hot Air Balloon

Hello everyone,

Sorry I have been so quite this week and the past two weeks. Things have been kinda stressful around here. My parents are not in very good health especially my dad and I have been really scared and concerned about that which has made me really foggy in the head not to mention all the other stresses going on in my life. I go to see my doctor this week to discuss whether I will be getting surgery soon to remove my parathyroid. After a long 5 months and many, many tests (most not too good) the odds are stacked against me. I am tired of surgeries, including two C-Sections I will have had 5 surgeries in 3 years. That is just crazy. Anyway onto my card for this week.


This card is for Heart Song Designs weekly challenge (http://heartsonginspirations.blogspot.com). The challenge this week is to make a card about summer and not to use any designer paper. I chose HSD's Hot Air Balloon image. I wanted the card to be bright and fun so I chose some bright colors for this card. I first started out with a bright orange for the base, then I colored the image the colors of my cardstock. I used Stampin Up's Green Galore, Stampede Orange, and my Copic markers G02, Y13, YR68. I used the green galore and the orange to background stamp sun images from Paper Studios Summer Fun stamp set along with the sentiment image. I layered my green cardstock onto the orange. After I had colored my image I mounted it onto yellow cardstock and then pierced the edges for affect, then I mounted the yellow cardstock to the base of the card. I finally using pop dots added the sentiment to the card.


I hope you all enjoyed the card, make sure to stop by the Heart Song Designs blog and play along.

Hopefully this week will be a little better and I will get some more projects done.

Have a Blessed Day!

Debbie

1 comment:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is very creative!!!!
Hey, it is giveaway time at Pixie Dust Paperie, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/