Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge # 75 - Polka Dots

Hello Everyone and Happy Saturday,

It is time for another challenge with Speedy the Cat's Friends http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com. This week Colleen wants us to use polka dots on our cards. I have to be honest with you when I saw this I thought POLKA DOTS! How am I going to do that? After thinking about it for a little bit I thought OK this won't be too bad.


For my card this week I chose to use an oldie but a goodie stamp set. I saw a card made last week using this set and I said to myself I need that set. I am using Greetings of the Season from 2010. I chose red cardstock from Mark's Finest Papers http://www.marksfinestpapers.com/servlet/StoreFront Season's Greetings cardstock pack. I stamped my image on to my die cut using Basic Black ink, then I colored the image with my Copic Markers Y15, E15, E18, 100, G09, G28, R27 and R46. Once I stamped my image and sentiment onto my die cuts and colored them I brushed the edges of the die cuts with Glorious Green ink pad. I used polka dot designer paper mounted on my red cardstock. Once the designer paper was mounted I added my image and my sentiment. Then I found this great red velvet ribbon that I added to the card and mounted pearl gems to the ribbon.


On the inside of my card I mounted white cardstock and put a sentiment on the card which I do not do often. 
I hope you enjoy my card. Thanks for stopping and commenting. Make sure to stop my SpeedyTV and join the new fun we have going on there http://mfpspeedytv.ning.com. 



I hope everyone enjoys this weeks challenge! We all look forward to seeing your wonderful creations and commenting on your beautiful cards. You have until 3pm on Friday October 7th to post your card. Remember, if you use any of Mark's Finest Paper stamps your name is entered into the drawing twice!!! Have fun and good luck.
 
Thanks
Debbie

9 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is fabulous, thanks for sharing!
Hey, Pixie Dust Paperie is celebration their 1st birthday with a giveaway, plus lots of special this month, I am inviting you to check it out at the pixie blog - http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Winnie and Patty said...

Debbie--this is just gorgeous! Your coloring is fabulous! Wonderful job with the challenge! TFS

NanaConnie said...

Love that cardinal, Debbie! Makes me think winter and holidays. Great way to use the polka dot paper. Very subtle but a great background.

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful work with this gorgeous cardinal on the polka-dot background, Debbie!!

I've got to get over there and do that challenge!!

So glad to have you on the team at MFP!

Janeen said...

what a beautiful way to use that die cut, Debbie. I think you just gave me an idea for my holiday cards. that cardinal looks so great on there.

redwasher1 said...

Debbie, your card card is awesome!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

very lovely! neat dots (-:

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Debbie!!

Carol Hurlock said...

Very creative dots Debbie. Your card is just beautiful. I love your die cut and layout.

Bear Hugs,
Carol