Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Great Friend

I want to tell you all about a great and wonderful friend I have in my life. Her name is Chris Dickinson and I met her at my church last November. I was at church one morning and my husband was preaching that morning and this woman sitting in front of me who I have never met told me " I am praying for you and Liam". This was surprising to me since I have never met her and I didn't even know her name. As the months went on I got to know Chris a little better and she even helped me get my blog up and running and tricks of the trade.


I have been struggling a great deal with my life the past 6 months to the point that I was suicidal. Stress at work was killing me. Now that I am no longer employed there I have new stress. Chris even though we have not known each other that long has been an outstanding encouragement to me. She had the most encouraging words to say to me that made me feel so much better.

Today I was reading her blog: chrissyd723.blogspot.com and I was saddened to read the struggles she is dealing with in her own life. Here she has been giving me such encouraging pep talks all the while she is struggling herself.

We are reading through the book of Proverbs together as our devotions and in reading Proverbs chapter one God spoke to me and told me that I need to be slow to speak and to listen more. This has been a struggle for me not only in my day to day life but especially in my marriage. I have turned this struggle over to the Lord and I can not wait to see what new and exciting things he will be showing Chris and I. I do know that I am going to work on encouraging her more and being there to listen.

I know God put us in each others lives for a reason and I can not express enough what a blessing she is to me. I love her dearly and can't wait to grow our friendship even more. Please pray for her and the struggles she is facing.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a blessed day.

In Christ
Debbie

1 comment:

Chrissy D said...

Ohh bless you, Debbie. I didn't want to weigh you down with my struggles as I know you are struggling too. We serve an AMAZING GOD - PRAISE GOD that when we call on HIM, He answers us! “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” Jeremiah 33:3

Praising God for our new friendship!