Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!!!!

Today is Mother's Day and I want to wish all the moms out there a Blessed and Happy Mother's Day. Today I will be celebrating with my three beautiful girls Alina, Miranda, and Moira and of course my loving husband.

I wanted to share the Mother's Day card that I made for my mom. My mom is a great mom and I love her dearly. She has been riddled with illnesses the past 6 years and I have come close to losing her several times. My mom is such a strong woman. Even though she is sick most days and cares for my very ill fathers she still keeps going. She is like the energizer bunny she keeps going, and going and going. I would be lost without my mom and I hope to have her around for a very long time. She is always there for me no matter what and what the issue may be.

For her card I used a free digi from Nana Vic that I got from Crafters Digital cdacfdc2. When I saw this image I thought what a beautiful image for a card for my mom. I colored this image using Copic markers. This was my first time using Copic markers. I have not been formally trained to use them yet but my dear friend is working with me. I think I did a pretty good job for my first time and no training. I used a burgundy cardstock for the base along with pink and cream colored cardstock and some designer paper to compliment the card. I mounted the colored image on to the card and finished it off with a flower and a sticker that says everything about my mom. She is definitely a unique creation. When God made her he threw away the mold, which is what my mom always says.

I hope you enjoyed my card and thanks for visiting. Have a blessed day, and come again.

Debbie

1 comment:

Peggy T. said...

Beautiful card, Debbie.