Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Monday, June 13, 2011

CAS123: Sketch by mocjen (6/13/11)

Hello everyone I hope you are having a blessed day.

Today's card is for Split Coast Stampers Clean and Simple card challenge. This is a weekly challenge the site has for all who want to enter. For today's challenge we had to follow a template. I chose to make a fun summer card. Here are the details. First I chose white cardstock for my base. I chose white so that any accent color I chose would pop against the white background. I chose a bright pale yellow for my accent color. What better color to choose than the color of the sun. Then I punched out squares out of white cardstock and stamped them with Summer Fun Stamps from The Paper Studio. First I stamped the image in Stampin Up's YoYo Yellow ink pad and then repeated the same stamp offset with Stampin Up's Basic Black ink pad. I then mounted my squares onto the yellow cardstock allowing the yellow to bleed through. I then finished off the card with some silver stars from The Paper Studio gemstones. I was really having a hard time figuring out how to photo this card so I thought it would be cool to take a picture of the card next books in our personal library showing the change from school to summer.







I hope you enjoyed my card. Have a blessed day! And thanks for visiting.

Debbie

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Fantastic Clean & Simple design! Thanks for sharing. :)

Terri said...

Yes, this is a really fab simple design but a great card! Well done!
Hugs,
Terri