Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Poppies, Poppies, Poppies - HSD Challenge

Hello Everyone and Happy Father's Day,

Had a wonderful day with my husband and girls. We took daddy out for lunch after church today and just to spoil him a little more we ordered pizza for dinner. We took a nice mile walk as a family after dinner and really enjoyed the nice mild weather we have been having so far this summer. Liam was really spoiled today.


Today's card is for Heart Song Designs weekly challenge. This weeks challenge is to create a card with flowers. These flowers can be a stamp or handmade flowers. For my card I am using Heart Song Designs - Poppies Image hence the name of my post and one of the sentiment stamps from Stampin Up's Summer by the Sea stamp set. I love this image it is so versatile and fun to color. I really struggled with what color to use for the base of my card. I thought maybe peach to match the flowers but when I put the image against that color it just wasn't working for me so I chose a violet color which really makes the flowers pop. I colored the image using a watercolor technique and the following inks from stamping up; Pink Passion, Bravo Burgundy, Cameo Coral, Old Olive, Mellow Moss and Orchid Opulence. After I colored the images I added a plum and gold colored ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon. Then I mounted the images to the base of the card. Once it was mounted I finished it off with some white dots on the corners of the card.



Make sure to stop by The Heart Song blog or store to get this AWESOME image and so many more. Here are the two most recent additions to the shop. http://www.heartsongdesignsshop.com or
http://heartsonginspirations.blogspot.com











I hope you enjoyed my card and thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a blessed day.

Debbie

No comments: