Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

HSI #30 - Torn Paper and/or Border Punch

Hello Everyone and welcome to a brand new week of challenges with Heart Song Inspirations. I just want to say how impressed we are with the amount of submissions we had last week. We hope to see this kind of response every week. This weeks challenge is to use torn paper and/or a border punch. Make sure to stop by the Heart Song Designs shop and check out the new images we have for you.



This week for my card I am using one of the new images offered in the shop, Hanging Hearts. With Valentines Day just around the corner this is a great image for a Valentine Card. I colored my image using Prismacolor pencils, then I cut the image out. I chose to use red for the base of my cardstock, after all what is a Valentine Card without using red. I folded my card and then punched the bottom part of my card with a Martha Stewart edge punch. One of my Christmas presents was a subscription to the Technique Junkies newsletter. With this new subscription I am trying new and fun techniques. For my card today I am using a technique called Chalk Emboss. Can I tell you this is one of my new favorite techniques. I mounted my background paper to the base of my card and then my image to the card with pop dots. I finished off my card with pearl dots from my cream pearl pen, and a computer generated sentiment. I hope you all enjoy my card, thanks for stopping and commenting. I hope to see you again soon. Have a blessed day.

Thanks

1 comment:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- I love the technique and enjoy the pretty image you used!