Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Monday, January 16, 2012

HSI# 30 - White on White and/or Glitter

Good Morning Fellow Stampers,

Welcome to our weekly challenge with Heart Song Inspirations. This weeks challenge is to make a card using white on white cardstock and/or to use glitter. You would think this would be an easy challenge, but let me tell you this was so difficult for me.


For my card of course I used white cardstock for my base and my layers. I took the base of my card and embossed it with my fancy flowers embossing folder. I chose to use Love You Tons from Heart Song Designs  for my image. I colored my image with crayons (you heard me crayons). I tried this new technique using crayons and then softened it with baby oil. I really liked how it turned out. I cut my image out using a die cut and then glittered the edges of the die cut with silver glitter. I finished off the card with grey ribbon and heart gemstones.


On the inside of my card I used a computer generated sentiment. My dad said this to my mom everyday they were married and since I am missing my dad so terribly I thought this would be a great sentiment to use with this card. I hope you enjoyed my card. Then I added some red corner edges. Thanks for stopping and commenting, I hope to see you again. Make sure to stop by the blog to join the fun.

Thanks

3 comments:

Shannah said...

I love this gorgeous card Debbie! Such an adorable Valentine's - and the glittery border is just perfect! Hugs, Shannah xox

Anonymous said...

awwww such a great card. so pretty

Chrissy D said...

This is so cute!