Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #88 - Use a Snowflake

Happy Saturday,

Welcome to the last challenge for 2011 and the last challenge for Speedy the Cat. You heard me right this is the last challenge for Speedy the Cat. Starting in 2012 we will now be having our challenges with Speedy the Fox. With the new owners we have a new mascot so watch for him. So the final challenge with Speedy the Cat is to use a snowflake, any snowflake (punch, die cut, designer paper) whatever tickles your fancy.



This week for my card I am using Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. Country Christmas stamp set. I colored my image with prisma colored pencils. I am also using Mark's snow storm cardstock for the base of my card. I embossed the base of my card with my Sizzix snowflake embossing folder and them brushed the raised edges with baby blue ink. i then mounted my image to a dark blue cardstock and then punched out with my snowflake die cut a snowflake in white and in the dark blue cardstock. I mounted my picture to the base of my card and then the snowflakes I layered onto of each other and then mounted to my card. I finished off my card with some tri-tone ribbon using brads and a clip.


Since my new thing is to finish the inside of my cards now, I was simple with this card. I stamped my sentiment and then added a blue snowflake. I hope you enjoyed my card. Thanks for stopping and commenting. Have a wonderful and safe New Year, We will see you next year. Have a blessed day.

Thanks
Debbie

5 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh Debbie--what a wonderful winter scene card! You did a fabulous job with this image!!!! TFS!

franzesjoi said...

cute card!!! happpy new year!! :)

Karin said...

I love that big snowflake and that lovely winter scene! Thanks so much for playing along at DRS Designs!

Chrissy D said...

Debbie, your card is so pretty! I love how you colored that moose and image! Thank you for joining us in the DRS Designs Challenge this week!

Anna S said...

Very pretty card. the ribbon is a nice touch