Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Monday, August 8, 2011

HSI #10 - Back to School

Hello Everyone and Welcome to a new Heart Song Inspirations challenge http://heartsonginspirations.blogspot.com. This weeks challenge is to make a back to school card and/or circles. With school starting in just a few short weeks what a better time to do a back to school card. My oldest daughter Alina is going to be starting Pre-K this fall (hopefully, the school has not made a decision yet). She is so excited and can't wait to start (that will change in a few years).

I was really excited to make this card with the new images that are available at Heart Song Designs www.heartsongdesignsshop.com. It was such a hard decision to make on what image I was going to use. I chose to use Heart Song Designs Apple image and my sentiment from Books and Flowers set. I colored my image using Copic Markers 100, E13, E15, E18, G02, G09, R14, R27, R43 and R46.  Since I loved this sketch so much I used Split Coast Stampers SC343. I used red cardstock as my base and black cardstock as a layer. I layered The Paper Studio's School Supplies Mix designer paper on the black cardstock and then mounted those layers to the base of my card. I used The Ribbon Boutique - school ribbon as and accent to the card and then I mounted my apple to the card with pop dots to give it dimension.



I hope you enjoyed your stop, please come again and maybe become a follower.  Have a blessed day!!!

Don't forget to make your card and join the challenge.

Debbie

8 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic card, Debbie! Love the ribbon and the background papers. Fabulous choices.

Marlene said...

Fabulous back to school card!

Patricia Chalas said...

Fantastic card Debbie!!!
TFS
Patty

Jennifer Scull said...

love your design on this cutey cute card! :)

Davi said...

What a very fun card Debbie,,gret dp for it ;)

Marina Johan said...

The pattern paper and image matches the theme so well! Nice work hun =D

Dana Joy said...

I love this card Debbie. That paper is so back to school. Awesome.

Shannah said...

What a cute card Debbie! So sweet!
Hugs, Shannah xox