Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What's Hot? - WT335

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a good hump day. I am a little behind in my card posting from last weeks Way to Use it challenge on Split Coast Stampers, but better late than never. The challenge for last week was What's hot. I saw this challenge and I could help but want to use a digital image I got from Disguised as a Grown Up http://disguisedasagrownup.blogspot.com. His name is Banana Hammock and he is HOT alright. He is every woman's fantasy without the headache and strings attached. I so love Marlene and her funny images. She posts alot of her images for free for 24 hours so I suggest you pop on over and see her newest creation.


For my card I really struggled with what colors to use for my cardstock. I am not all that happy with the colors I chose but I suppose they will work. I chose red as my base since I colored his Speedo red. I used black as a layer for the card. I colored my image using my Copic Markers 0, E11, E13, R20, R29, R43, R46, YR31 and YR61. Even though I have not been able to go through the Copic marker training class I think my coloring is getting better the more I use it. Once the image was colored I cut him out. I took gold string ribbon and wrapped it around my black cardstock and finished it off with a red hat pin. Then I mounted the black to my base. Once I had the black mounted I mounted my guy to the black and my sentiment to the black with pop dots. After looking at the card I knew something was missing so I added some gold gems and a white flower from Petaloo.

I hope you enjoyed the card, thanks for visiting please stop by again or become a follower, I have some new and exciting things happening and coming up in the near future. Have a blessed day!

Thanks,
Debbie


1 comment:

Marlene said...

He looks fabulous, and thank you for the shout out!

If anyone is interested in this image now, they can find him at Squigglefly. :)