Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Monday, August 22, 2011

HSI #12 - Shabby Chic Rosa

Hello Everyone and welcome to another Heart Song Inspirations Challenge.

This week at Heart Song Inspirations http://heartsonginspirations.blogspot.com our challenge is to make a Shabby Chic and/or use pearls card. This was a hard one for me. I have never done a shabby chic card let alone know what it was. I asked my design team and I even asked one of my best friends. Some had an answer and some didn't and some of the answers made me even more confused, but I muddled through. My card today is kind an experiment for me. For my card I used Heart Song Designs www.heartsongdesignsshop.com Rosa with Bird image. Now ever since I started working with digital images I have been wracking my brain on how to emboss such an image. Well tonight I think I figured it out. I took the image and I filled in the areas that I wanted to emboss with a two-way glue pen, you have to do different colors separate. Once I put the glue in the areas I wanted I covered it with the embossing powder of my choice and repeated it for the other colors I wanted to use. You have to heat set it a little different than if you are using VersaMark and it bubbles up unlike Versamark but it gives a pretty cool look to it. Once I was done embossing the areas that I wanted I colored the rest in using Stampin Up's True Thyme, and Really Rust and finished the coloring with my Copic Markers B29, E00, E11, E13, e15, G02, G28, R14, R20, R27 and R46. Once I was done coloring the image I cut it out and mounted it to to a Spellbinder die cut with loops. I then took my Stampin Up's Eggplant Envy ink pad and dobbed the edges to distress the die cut. I mounted this to Ancestry designer paper and did the same distressing technique along with the sentiment and the base of the card. Once all that was done I finished off the card with cream and brown pearls. i finished off the inside of the card with a cream colored paper which I also distressed.


Thanks for stopping by and visiting. Make sure to join the Heart Song Challenge this week. Stay tuned I will be having a blog candy soon. Have a blessed day!!!

Thanks

Debbie

3 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Really love this, Debbie. I think you got it! Great job with the EP. It has a fantastic look to it. I've never tried it with glue but I will since I like the way it finishes. I have a VersaMark pen that I've used on digis and that works, too.

Davi said...

Beautiful job on this one Debbie! You did a wonderful job embossing! Love the colors and the pretty vintage look :)

Shannah said...

So sweet! You've done an awesome job!
Hugs, Shannah xox