Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Monday, September 5, 2011

HSI #14 Distressing and/or Paint

Happy Monday!

Hello everyone and welcome to another week of challenges with Heart Song Inspirations http://heartsonginspirations.blogspot.com. This weeks challenge at Heart Song is to distress your card and/or use paint on your card.




For my card I chose to color Heart Song Designs http://www.heartsongdesignsshop.com Baby Giraffe with my paint makers. I used a hot pink cardstock for my base and I found the cutest Safari designer paper that I thought would go great. I tried to color my image with the same colors n the designer paper. I colored my image and them cut it out and mounted it to white cardstock and the hot pink cardstock and then I cut the image out again. Once I cut the image out I distressed the edges of the image and I also distressed the edges of the designer paper as well. I wrapped white ribbon to the designer paper and them mounted that paper to the base of my card. Then to finish off the card I mounted the image to the card with pop dots to put focus on the image. I hope you enjoyed my card, make sure to stop by the Heart Song Blog to join the fun. Thanks for stopping have a blessed day!

Thanks
Debbie

7 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Clever dp to use with this darling giraffe. Love the paint pen idea. I may have to try that. I always seem to go with watercolor paints. Stuck in a rut, I think. :-) Thanks for another idea.

FerrellGraph-x said...

The backgroud paper is such a fun accent for the giraffe!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer Ferrell

Marlene said...

This is adorable, Debbie! You've done well with your paint markers. Love the distressing, too.

Davi said...

Debbie this is wonderful! I love the dp you used with the image so perfect~ your coloring of the giraffe goes so well with the dp. A fab card!

Anonymous said...

Darling card, Debbie! It's so sweet how you painted the giraffe to match the designer paper. It even has that raised texture with the paint pens you used. Adorable!

Patricia Chalas said...

Debbie your card is very nice love how your colored...

TFS

Jennifer Scull said...

your wonderful bg is what first caught my eye with this card. and such a great idea to use the paint pens on that cutey giraffe! so much fun! :)