Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge # 72 - Use a Punch

Hello Fellow Speedy friends,

Welcome to another fun filled week here at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com.

This weeks challenge is brought to us by Colleen who wants us to use a punch on our cards. This was a fun challenge for me this week. For my card I used Mark's Finest Papers http://www.marksfinestpapers.com Autumn Fun released last year and is still available for purchase in the store.


First I stamped my image onto white cardstock with my  Basic Black ink pad, then I colored it with my Copic Markers E13, E15, E18, E29 and 100. Then I mounted my image onto burgundy cardstock and then brown cardstock. Once this was done I added Recollections clear gems to the image. Then I stamped my sentiment with my Really Rust ink pad and mounted it the same way. For the base of my card I chose Really rust cardstock and then using the same ink pad I stamped acorns onto the base of the card. For my punch I chose a leaf punch and cut leaves out of burgundy, sage green, brown and a mustard cardstock and mounted some to the base of the card. then I mounted my image and my sentiment to the base of the card with pop dots. Once that was done I finished off the card by putting some more leaves on the card with pop dots to give them dimension.  Thanks for stopping by to see my card I hope you enjoyed it.

Don't forget to stop by the blog  http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com next week for Mark's monthly blog hop and see the AWESOME new releases. Next week will be my debut on the Senior Design Team for Mark's and I am not only nervous that my cards will make the grade I am so excited I can hardly contain myself.

I hope everyone enjoys this weeks challenge! We all look forward to seeing your wonderful creations and commenting on your beautiful cards. You have until 3pm on Friday September 16th to post your card. Remember, if you use any of Mark's Finest Paper stamps your name is entered into the drawing twice!!! Have fun and good luck!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog I hope you will come again soon and hopefully become a follower. Have a blessed day!

Thanks
Debbie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card, Debbie

Winnie and Patty said...

Debbie--this card is so cute!!! It's one of my favorite sets. I love squirrels, and you colored this little guy wonderfully! TFS

Janeen said...

Debbie, you just punched away, didn't you. Love the scattered leaves.

Marlena M. said...

Your card is beautiful! ;)

Carol Hurlock said...

Your little squirrel is delightful with these leaf punches. Pretty card and layout. Superb.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Marlene said...

Oh, very cute idea! Reminds me that I have that leaf punch somewhere, too. :) (Or one similar, anyway). Love your little squirrel card. He's a cutie!