Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge # 74 - Things With Wings

Hello Everyone and welcome to a new week of challenges here at Speedy the Cat's Friends http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com challenge. This weeks challenge was suggested by Carol in which she wants us to made a card with Things that have wings.

Again this week I struggled with this card. Since I am new to the design team I am limited in the stamp sets that I can use and I didn't have too many that had creatures with wings. I made two cards this week since I couldn't decide which card I liked and wanted to showcase.



My first card is using Mark's Finest Papers http://www.marksfinestpapers.com September release Autumn Glory. First I took my Mark's Finest Papers Snow Storm cardstock and embossed it with my Cuttlebug scrollwork embossing folder. Then I took my chalk and went over the raised parts if the embossing. Once this was done I stamped my image and sentiment in the middle of the frame. Then I colored my image using chalks and my blender pen along with using Basic Black and Old Olive ink pads.  I chose to use Old Olive cardstock for the base of my card and before I mounted my image to the card I added some brown lacy ribbon and then mounted the image to the card.


For my second card I used an oldie but a goodie from this summer Mark's Finest Papers Planted With Love stamp set. I have seen so many cards made with this stamp set that I really liked so I thought I would make this a CAS (clean and simple) card. I chose Mark's Finest Papers Snow Storm cardstock as my only cardstock for this card. I stamped my images and sentiment with Basic Black and colored the birds beaks with Copic Marker Y19. To add a little color I added red craft cord to finish off the card.

I hope you enjoyed my cards. Thanks for stopping and commenting. I hope to see you visit again and become a follower. Have a blessed day.

Thanks
Debbie

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Both your cards are gorgeous, Debbie. I LOVE the embossing on the first card. The second card is adorable, too. Love the crows...and the red craft cord adds some cuteness!

Jan Marie said...

What sweet cards. . one rustic and beautiful and the other absolutely darling and certainly something to crow about y'all! Great work! Blessings!

Jan Marie said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the fall colors, the pop of green and that leaf is a WOW! God definitely has a plan and it's so much better than anything we could ever imagine! Have a blessed week!

Annette Allen said...

awesome cards...

Winnie and Patty said...

Debbie--the 1st card is beautiful, and the 2nd card is so cute, I can't decide which one I like better!!! LOL You did a great job with both of these!!! TFS

Janeen said...

I like the crows too. Cute card, they smile so cute don't they? Your Autumn Glory card is perfect with that embossing folder.