Fellow Crafters

2 Corinthians 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE THE NEW HAS COME!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge # 73 - Single Layer CAS

Hello All and welcome to another week of challenge from Speedy the Cat's Friends. This weeks challenge is suggested by Linda who wants us to use a single layer clean and simple card.


For my card I made one card but couldn't decided which one I liked best so I will show you both of them. For the first one I used Mark's Finest Papers Autumn Glory which is one of September new release stamp sets. I chose to use Old Olive as the base of my card along with the ink. I stamped my image and sentiment onto white cardstock and added brown lace ribbon to it. Then I mounted the white cardstock to my base. Once that was complete I added some fall colored gems.


For my second card I used another September new release Get Your Broom On. For this card I chose to use purple cardstock from Mark's Finest Papers Halloween pack along with White from the same pack. i stamped my image and sentiment onto my white cardstock with basic black ink. then I colored my image with my Prismacolor pencils. Then I added black Halloween ribbon and some black square brads. On the inside of the card I  used the same white cardstock and added a sentiment and an image.

 
I hope you enjoyed my cards and thanks for stopping by and commenting. I hope to see you again soon and maybe as a follower. Have a blessed day!
 
I hope everyone enjoys this weeks challenge! We all look forward to seeing your wonderful creations and commenting on your beautiful cards. You have until 3pm on Friday September 23rd to post your card. Remember, if you use any of Mark's Finest Paper stamps your name is entered into the drawing twice!!! Have fun and good luck!!
Happy Stamping!
 
Thanks
Debbie

10 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Debbie--both of these cards are wonderful, but I really like the
2nd one both inside and out!!! Great job my friend. TFS

Maria Matter said...

these are beautiful Debbie!!!
hugs

NanaConnie said...

These are great, Debbie! Fab coloring on the Halloween witch and clever sentiment!

Marlene said...

Awesome cards! I'm laughing at the sentiment and witch on your second card...too funny! Sounds like something I'd say...ha ha ha.

Marlena M. said...

I love your green card and that lovely trim and bling. ;)

Sandra said...

I love them both!!
Hugs
Sandra x

Carol Hurlock said...

Both of these cards are fun and fabulous Debbie. Great layouts and embellishments.

Janeen said...

what cute cards, Debbie. i like the pheasant one. thanks for playing in the challenge with friends of speedy the cat to use one layer.

Brenda said...

Wonderful card Debbie!!

Harriet Skelly said...

I like both cards and wouldn't be able to pick one over the other!!